The global shipping industry is a vital component of the international trade network, facilitating the movement of goods across borders and connecting markets worldwide. It encompasses various modes of transportation, including container ships, bulk carriers, tankers, and specialized vessels, catering to diverse cargo types and requirements.
As of September 2021, the estimated market value of the global shipping industry was over $500 billion. The shipping industry accounts for over 80% of the world's trade by volume, making it a crucial driver of economic growth and globalization. In terms of cargo volume, the global shipping industry transported approximately 11 billion tons of goods in 2020. Container shipping is a dominant segment, representing around 60% of global seaborne trade. It allows for efficient and standardized transportation of a wide range of goods. Some of the busiest ports in the world include Shanghai (China), Singapore, Rotterdam (Netherlands), and Los Angeles (USA).
As economies recover from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and trade volumes rebound, the demand for shipping services is anticipated to rise. The surge in e-commerce activities is driving demand for efficient and reliable shipping services to transport goods across borders and to consumers' doorsteps. Developing economies, particularly in Asia and Africa, are experiencing rapid industrialization and urbanization, leading to increased demand for raw materials and finished goods.
The industry is also making strides towards sustainable practices, with a focus on reducing emissions and adopting eco-friendly technologies, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
It is important to note that the shipping industry also faces challenges, including fluctuating fuel prices, geopolitical uncertainties, regulatory compliance, and environmental concerns. However, with technological advancements, strategic investments, and a focus on sustainability, the global shipping industry is poised for continued growth and remains a critical pillar of global trade and economic development.
Aruvian Research presents a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of the global shipping industry in its new research offering Global Shipping Industry – Forecast and Analysis 2023. The report encompasses a wide range of crucial aspects shaping the maritime landscape. It offers valuable insights into the ownership and structure of the global shipping fleet, delving into ownership and operation details, registration specifics, vessel costs, freight rates, and a forward-looking perspective on shipbuilding, demolition, and vessel supply trends. The report contains the following in-depth analysis:
- Overall industry overview and analysis of five major industry segments: Crude Tanker, Product Tanker, Chemical Tanker, Automobile Export Tanker, and Dry Bulk Shipping.
- Thorough examination of each segment, including market overviews, industry statistics, and demand and supply dynamics.
- In-depth analysis of growth determinants and challenges faced by the global shipping industry, including the impact of COVID-19, bunker oil prices, target price sensitivity, impact of China's steel industry on dry bulk shipping, and potential industry consolidation.
- Focus on shipping prices with insights into factors driving ship prices, new ship prices, and the gradual rise in timecharter rates.
- Appendices covering major shipping categories worldwide, such as dry bulk, tanker, and containership appendices.
- Analysis of the top 20 shipping markets globally, highlighting key trends and growth opportunities in each market.
- Forecast till 2027 for the global shipping industry and its major segments, offering valuable foresight for industry stakeholders and investors.
- Meticulous analysis of 35 major shipping companies, including AP Moller Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd, China COSCO Shipping, D/S Norden, Golar LNG, Kawasaki Kisen, Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. (MSC), HMM Company Limited, and many others.
- Analysis of each company through valuations, ratio analysis, company strategies, SWOT analysis, and more, providing insights into key players shaping the global shipping industry and their market positioning.
Aruvian Research's analysis of the Global Shipping Industry – Forecast and Analysis 2023 is a comprehensive and invaluable resource for industry professionals, investors, and stakeholders. With a profound understanding of market trends, growth potentials, and key players, readers are empowered to make informed decisions and capitalize on emerging opportunities in this dynamic and ever-evolving sector.
Global Shipping Industry - Forecast and Analysis 2023
This Is A Digital Product Delivered To Your Inbox Post Order
Hard Copy Prices Inclusive of Courier Cost for Serviceable Geographies.